Hexatiles

I was just thinking the other day it would be great to have a hexagonal shape to allow for better geometries. To my surprise you are now offering exactly that! However, the only available kit is rather pricey. Do you have plans to offer a single 8 pack of the hexatiles? That would be a great companion to the original kits.

Additionally, will there be diffusers for the hexatiles as well?

Finally, the images of the hexatiles do not show numbers on the hexagons or pentagons - how are the hexatiles addressed? Are they RGB, same as the pentagons?

Comments

• Do you have plans to offer a single 8 pack of the hexatiles? That would be a great companion to the original kits.

I'd be happy to sell single panels of Hexatile (note that they're white colored)! The main reason we aren't offering them like that in the store is that we missed the shipping cutoff for the holiday season, and all the panels are in China. That means shipping for individual panels will be unfortunately a little more expensive then from our US store. Send me a mail at matt@blinkinlabs.com and I'll

Additionally, will there be diffusers for the hexatiles as well?

Unfortunately, probably not- there needs to be a huge demand for them for us to justify opening a new injection mold. We can put together a 3d-printable design, though.

Finally, the images of the hexatiles do not show numbers on the hexagons or pentagons - how are the hexatiles addressed? Are they RGB, same as the pentagons?

They are RGB, and individually addressable. They don't have numbers it's a limited run edition, and we need to make 1000's of panels to be able to do custom labels on each panel. We're considering putting a small number sticker on them.