building PatternPaint on Linux

I need to get PatternPaint installed on a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit). I have the source code tarball downloaded and untarred, but I'm stuck; no Makefile.

I *know* I've built this before on Linux (I remember pain with getting the correct QT libraries), but I'll be darned if I can find the instructions on Google or in the tarball.

What's (or where) is the magic incantation to build PatternPaint?

Comments

• Hi! Yeah, it's a small pain since the Qt libs shipped with Ubuntu are a few versions back from the main Qt release.

The most straightforward path to getting a running PatternPaint is to download the Qt development tools from qt.io:
    http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/#

Once Qt Creator is installed, it should be as simple as opening up the PatternPaint project in Qt creator, and selecting run.

Otherwise, I think the biggest change between this version and the LTS one was adding Qt Serial- it should be a small change to backport the code to work with the older version of Qt and the external version of Qt Serial, however I haven't attempted it recently.

Let me know if that makes sense. My apologies that it doesn't compile out of the box with Ubuntu.