Blinkytape Python on Raspi

Hi,

I've been trying to get the blinky tape working on raspi with python.

I have arduino 1.6.5 running on the pi and can upload the colorSwirl project. So there is no issue with accessing the device.

However when I run

python BlinkyTape.py -p /dev/ttyACM0

it just stops

here is the run with strace

open("/dev/ttyACM0", O_RDWR|O_NOCTTY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE) = 3
ioctl(3, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, {B115200 -opost -isig -icanon -echo ...}) = 0
ioctl(3, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, {B115200 -opost -isig -icanon -echo ...}) = 0
ioctl(3, SNDCTL_TMR_START or TCSETS, {B115200 -opost -isig -icanon -echo ...}) = 0
write(3, "\0\0\377", 3) = 3
ioctl(3, TCSBRK

looking at the BlinkyTape.py code this is at the self.serial.flush()

So it looks like it is not cooperating with the serialLoop on the tape.

I have the latest git clones of everything fresh today.

Any ideas, not sure what to try next.

Cheers

Comments

• Update:

I was able to get this working by compiling and loading the ProductionSketch sketch.

I was under the impression that the ColorSwirl sketch also has the SerialLoop but I guess that there is some difference in the code which means that it is not reading the queue correctly.

If I find any differences I will post here.
  • Glad you got it working! Apologies about the trouble with SerialLoop- it looks like we do indeed have a few different versions of it in our examples. I suppose the best way to fix this will be to implement SerialLoop() in the library, so each example can reference the correct version.
  • Also, as a reference to anyone coming to look at this, you can always restore your firmware to the latest release using PatternPaint- just run pattern paint, connect your tape to your computer, then select 'Tools->Restore Rainbow Sketch' or 'Tools->Restore Default Firmware'