Discoparty how to for noobs?

So I'm trying to get Discoparty working, and quite franky, I don't get it. The discoparty page makes it looks like it's a simple "open program X and open Script Y and you're done."

I keep getting error after error, about missing libraries and files and what not. So what am I doing wrong? Processing help says it needs to be put in a very specific folder (which wasn't mentioned on the discoparty page).

The errors are

No library found for ddf.minim
No library found for ddf.minim.analysis
Libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.

Comments

• edited January 2016

And as soon as I posted this, I found what was wrong. I needed to install something called DDF, which you can get by going via "sketch-import library-add library" and search for DDF.

While we're at it. Is there a way to use a usb-based mic on windows (7) ? Or use it the same way like on mac via Soundflower?

• Ah, great news! Have you had any luck getting your external mic to work? I think you'll need to set it as the default device in the control panel (control panel->sound on windows 7) for it to work. Let me know if you find a solution.

• Yes, I got it working. Not sure how I did it, because earlier I couldn't get the usb mic to work. The mic itself was working (also tested it in the mic-input jack, since it's detachable).
    I did do a reboot in the meanwhile, so maybe that had something to do with it.