Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discoparty how to for noobs?

So I'm trying to get Discoparty working, and quite franky, I don't get it. The discoparty page makes it looks like it's a simple "open program X and open Script Y and you're done." I keep getting error after error, about missing libraries and files and what not. So what am I doing wrong? Processing help says it needs to be put in a very specific folder (which wasn't mentioned on the discoparty page). The errors are No library found for ddf.minim No library found for ddf.minim.analysis Libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    And as soon as I posted this, I found what was wrong. I needed to install something called DDF, which you can get by going via "sketch-import library-add library" and search for DDF. While we're at it. Is there a way to use a usb-based mic on windows (7) ? Or use it the same way like on mac via Soundflower?
  • Ah, great news! Have you had any luck getting your external mic to work? I think you'll need to set it as the default device in the control panel (control panel->sound on windows 7) for it to work. Let me know if you find a solution.
  • Yes, I got it working. Not sure how I did it, because earlier I couldn't get the usb mic to work. The mic itself was working (also tested it in the mic-input jack, since it's detachable). I did do a reboot in the meanwhile, so maybe that had something to do with it.