won't download sketch

Hello! I'm super new to programming, so I thought this would be the best way for me to get my feet wet. I couldn't seem to find an answer on the forum before so here goes. I just got my Blinky pixels and created a pattern, and the connection is fine, I hit the download to Blinky and wait, but once I disconnect it and plug it into a power source, it keeps playing the patterns that already exist instead of the pattern I made and highlighted. Any help? Thanks!

Comments

• Quick question- do you have multiple patterns open in Pattern Paint? If you do, it will try to save them all to the controller, and will play the first one by default. There's a tiny button on the controller (the part that you plug the USB cable into), and if you hold it down for a short time (1 second), it should switch to the next pattern. You can also re-arrange the patterns in Pattern Paint by dragging their icons, or close the ones you don't want.

• Ohhh, that totally explains it! I just had to press the button to switch to another pattern. Thank you so much!