BlinkyTape control board and Neopixel

Hello,
is possible to use BlinkyTape control board with NeoPixel LED strip? Neopixel has gnd, 5v, B0, D0. BlikyTape control board have gnd, 5v, D13. Is possible to connect these together? I searched datasheet but no luck, are there some details for this product?
Thank you
Nikola

Comments

• Hi- apologies for missing this earlier.
    Can you link to the NeoPixel strip you are looking at? 'Neopixel' is just a nickname for WS2812 that Adafruit made up, and they should have gnd, 5v, and DI. If the strip you are using is based on WS2813, then you can connect the controller data output to the DI input on the strip, and connect the BI input on the strip to ground.

• I just got the NeoPixel Strip working on the BlinkyTape Control Board, although it did not work out of the box. Software side was no problem, hardware side I had to do some changes.

I have the Control Board with the JST connector, which is a male connector. NeoPixel has a male connector on the input side. So I had to solder a female connector to the Control Board. Either way, I really suggest you check the pins on the strip and on the control board to make sure power and control pins are aligned correctly.

Once I had the hardware issue solved It worked without any problems. I can now use the Pattern Paint software to remote control the NeoPixel Strip, or I can download my existing Arduino programs (where I used the Adafuit NeoPixel Library) to the control board. In the Arduino Development Software, select Arduino Leonardo as the Board, and use Pin 13 as the LED control out.