Responsive BlinkyTape?

edited January 2016 in BlinkyTape Fun

Hi guys, I just built a computer and wanted some custom lights for it. Upon buying the Blinkytape I realized that there was far less information about it than I had assumed. I am attempting to be able to run programs, probably form a batch file, when I do certain things on my computer such as run a program. I exported files from Patternpaint and added them to my Arduino project. This is one of the header files:
`#include ~stuff~

const uint8_t animationData[] PROGMEM = {
~RGB values~
};

Animation animation(66, animationData, ENCODING_RGB24, 60);
`
I always get the error: ~'ENCODING_RGB24' was not declared in this scope~ and I have no idea why. I am not very familiar with any libraries involved in using BlinkyTape, but I am using all BlinkyTape and FastLED libraries. Thanks :) !

code.txt 101.6K

Comments

• Cool! Apologies that our documentation isn't as good as it could be. My understanding is that you'd like the BlinkyTape to show different patterns depending on what you're working on, is that correct?

• I'm guessing this is just step one in the project, but if you just want to save a pattern to the tape, you can do it directly from PatternPaint- select 'tools', then 'save to blinky'. The export function is out of date compared to the latest BlinkyTape libraries- I'll put together a quick demo tonight to explain how to use the 'export to arduino' feature.

• Where can I find that demo? Sorry for not checking earlier. Thanks!