Pattern paint not installing drivers for windows 10

I ran the setup for the pattern paint software on the latest version of Windows 10.

Next I looked at device manger and there was no PORTS section. When I manually run dpinst64.exe it says there are no drivers that need installing, but the tape only blinks once, turns off and does not register.

So based on the advanced install section, it seems that drivers are not installing and the blinkytape is not being recognized as a result.

Comments

• Sorry this one is giving you trouble. Windows 10 shouldn't need a driver for the BlinkyTape (it should recognize it as a TTY/ACM serial device). It sounds like there might be an issue with your tape.

A couple quick steps to try:
    1. If you haven't already, try a different USB cable and USB port
    2. Try unplugging the tape, pressing the small button on the controller part of the tape (near the USB connection), then, while still pressing the button, plug it into your computer. If the controller is functional, this should cause the tape to start up in bootloader mode, and the computer should identify it as 'BlinkyTape Bootloader'. If the computer is able to identify it, then you should be able to restore the firmware in Pattern Paint.

If that doesn't work, shoot us an email at: support@blinkinlabs.com